BEND IT LIKE BENTO


I'm a sucker for good looks! It's true. Be it an exquisite pair of shoes, a gorgeous custom-fitted designer dress or a beautifully assembled plate, I'm all over it. So when I encountered a recent article about making school lunches more appetizing in the form of a bento box, I thought, genius!

Forget about Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, which encourages you to be a 'sneaky chef'. You can present to your kids the raw healthy snacks without necessarily deceiving them, just make it cool, fun and creative!  Okay, maybe that's sneaky too! Admittedly, I don't have any kids, which means that I do not have a little picky-eater to test this concept, but it's an appealing notion and probably worth a try. You have to see the photos of these cute school lunch bento boxes to understand what I am raving about.