SUPER BOWL PARTY



It's eight o'clock in the morning on Super Bowl Sunday, I'm fresh off a seven hour flight, and I am ready to party. Within a few hours, our lovely foodie friends, which included Margot from White Hot Oven, Andrea from High/Low Food Drink, and Cindy from Chubby Chinese Girl would be coming over for the big game. On the menu were carnitas simmered in Pace Picante salsa with seven spices, homemade corn tortillas, guacamole, salsa galore, and lots of other yummy nibbles.
Before I had time to unpack from truffle week in Provence, I threw on my apron and quickly got moving in the kitchen. On the stove were pork braising in its fat, frijoles or black beans cooked in pork fat, and freshly pressed corn tortillas sizzling on the cast iron pan, and of course for those who didn't eat pork there were skirt steaks marinated in Pace Picante salsa for carne asada, and tons and tons of veggies, chips, dips and cheeses.


Before I had a chance to catch my breath guests arrived with goodies of their own to share. Thanks Margot for the flowers, Cindy for the cakes, and Andrea for the beer! Everyone gathered around the table helping themselves to food and drinks.

 
Lucky for me everyone took turns giving me a play by play of the game and the funny commercials in the kitchen, while I handed them their next taco. I personally adored Google's Parisian Love commercial.


As soon as the Super Bowl 2010 Champions were announced - Go Saints! - a very satiated and happy crowd packed up. It was a long and fun day, and while everyone would have loved for the celebration to continue through the night, we had to rest up for work the next morning. 


Thanks to Margot, Andrea and Cindy for making this Super Bowl party such a success and so much fun! 

26 comments:

Joanne said...

what a FANTASTIC party! All of the food looks great. You guys sure know how to celebrate the superbowl!

SKIP TO MALOU said...

Fresh from Paris and you already partied like a rock star???.. wow you are having too much fun girl... and I am green with envy! haha!
Welcome back and looking forward to read more lovely posts from you!

Anonymous said...

Excellent party, and how awesome that you could do that when you just came back from a trip overseas! Wow!

Flour said...

Those tacos look & sound great! How did you cook the carne asada?

Ravenous Couple said...

congrats again!

Angie's Recipes said...

The tacos look great!

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Welcome back! So much fun lately, good for you!!

This Mex picante party is outstanding, love all these delights :)

Cheers,

Gera

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Excellent Super Bowl party. I love Pace picante sauce. It's the best.
Sam

nancy at goodfoodmatters said...

Good for you to just keep moving, right off the plane and into the kitchen...remarkable! Looks like perfect fare for a Super Bowl Party.
Looking forward to your next posts about truffles and Provence.

NKP said...

Wow, I wish I was your neighbour!

Mimi said...

Ah, to be youg, I would have needed a day to recoup before having a party. Looks like a fun time. Of course I'm waiting to hear more about your trip.
Mimi

Namitha said...

That sounds like a great party !

♥peachkins♥ said...

WOW! I bet everyone had a great time!

chow and chatter said...

great party wow no jet lag your a star!!

KennyT said...

How fun! You're lucky to have foodie friends visiting you! Taco is perfect for watching ball games!

White Hot Oven said...

We had a blast! Thanks for inviting us to your Superbowl Party :)

The spread was amazing, and you are a wonderful cook Christine!

HoustonWok said...

Welcome Back!!!I tried to reach out to you on twitter but never got an answer from you.Anyhoo,looks like tons of fun,my sb party was much more mellow.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks like a wonderful party--the food looks and sounds delicious. Great photos. ;-)

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Looks like delicious fun!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Evertone is very excited about the outcome of the Super Bowl. Looks like you have a fantastic time!!

Meals by Misty said...

Great pictures, great food, great drink and GREAT game! You party put my burnt ribs party to shame!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for inviting me over and for the wonderful FOOD! Loved meeting everybody and seeing your beautiful pics from Provence!

Chubby Chinese Girl said...

Yummmmmmm it was such a lovely dinner party! great wine and company.. thanks for having us over... and absolutely adored ur pics... i wanna go =)

Kim said...

This sounds like one delicious feast with good friends!

Simply Life said...

that sounds like such a wonderful group of people! so fun!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I love Andrea and Cindy! Wishing I could be in SF and NYC at the SAME TIME! :-)